12th Annual Susan G. Komen St. Louis Race for the Cure – 2010

On Saturday, June 12, 2010, more than 71,000 people gathered in downtown St. Louis for the 12th Annual Susan G. Komen St. Louis Race for the Cure. It was a day of celebration, inspiration and, ultimately, hope. It was also a record-setting day. More than $3.4 million was raised in the fight to end breast cancer forever. 75% of the money raised stays right here in the St. Louis area to fund screening, treatment, education and research programs. The remaining 25% goes to the national Susan G. Komen for the Cure Award and Research Program. Learn all about the Komen St. Louis Race for the Cure and work being done right here in our 17-county service area with this amazing video produced and edited by Technisonic.

Duration : 0:4:33

Continue reading

BurJuman Pink Walkathon (Safe & Sound Breast Cancer Awareness Programme)

The Pink Walkathon is one of the biggest breast cancer walks in the Middle East organized by BurJuman’s Safe & Sound programme.

This video is just a brief glimpse of what it’s like to be a part of The Pink Walkathon!

Register now for the 2011 Pink Walkathon (Friday, Oct 28th) at any of the info. desks at BurJuman.

For more information (and registration forms) visit the Safe & Sound page – http://bit.ly/11OdJ8

Visit the Facebook Event page to RSVP -http://bit.ly/11OdJ8

Follow @ItsBurJuman on twitter for regular updates.

Duration : 0:1:50

Continue reading

One True Step: A Journey Through Breast Cancer

This is a story of women who have been through breast cancer. But the message is true of any huge life challenge. When the path isn’t easy or clear, even the smallest step makes a difference. And even when we are alone, we are surrounded by more love than we can imagine.

The lyrics and music of One True Step were written by Lucy Mathews Heegaard, after witnessing many friends go through breast cancer. The song can be found at iTunes or www.luckygoose.net. For more of Lucy’s work, visit www.studio-lu.net.

If you’d like to contribute to efforts to support people who are going through breast cancer, to research and find a cure, or to educate and inform about the disease, there are a number of great organizations doing amazing work. Three that I think very highly of are: The African-American Breast Cancer Alliance [http://aabcainc.org], Breast Cancer Action [http://www.bcaction.org], and the Susan G. Komen Foundation
[http://ww5.komen.org].

Enormous thanks to the women who sent personal photos and journal entries from their experience of breast cancer to illustrate the story. By order or appearance, they are: Susan, Paula, Mildred, Paddy, Lyn, Elizabeth, Mardie, Carol, Lynne, Margie, Kris, Yana, Pam, the board of the African-American Breast Cancer Alliance, Susan, Judy, Grace, Linda, Deborah, Suzanne, Carol, Ronnie, Nancy and Hazel.

Duration : 0:4:56

Continue reading